A discretization scheme for the single reed model is proposed.
- Delay-free, non computable loops in the discrete system are solved
without introducing approximations (fictitious delay elements).
- The proposed numerical method is such that the physical properties
of the continuous system are accurately preserved in the digital domain.
- The discrete system has good properties of stability at any
- The numerical scheme can be efficiently implemented.
- The techniques are widely applicable (e.g. other fluid-mechanical
systems such as lip reed models or multiple-mass models for the glottis).
- The model: mechanical and fluid dynamical equations for the
exciter and the resonator.
- Discretization: the K method, the 1-step Weighted Sample
- The digital reed: frequency and time domain analysis.