- The proposed numerical techniques lead to a stable,
accurate and efficient discrete-time model.
- The digital reed reacts consinstently to changes in
embouchure-related quantities: these can be used as control
parameters together with mouth pressure.
- The digital reed can be ``mounted'' on different
bores, thus leading to other physical (e.g. saxophone)
or pseudo-physical models.
- Improvements: a more accurate bore model (bell, holes,
radiation), noise for turbulent flow, real-time model.
- Physical models of other single reed instruments by
coupling the digital reed with different bore geometries.
- Application of the proposed techniques to other
fluid-mechanical systems (e.g. lip reed models, vocal cords