I am a Postdoctoral Researcher at the
Department of Information Engineering
of the University of Padova.
In my research I work on providing novel
efficient and statistically sound algorithms for knowledge and pattern discovery from data, often motivated by
I obtained my Ph.D. in Information Engineering from the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova, under the supervision of Prof. Fabio Vandin (Vandin Lab website). I also had the amazing opportunity of visiting the Department of Computer Science of Brown University, as a Visiting Research Fellow under the supervision of Prof. Eli Upfal.
Links and contacts
Curriculum Vitae, Publications, Google Scholar, Twitter, GitHub, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 2022: Our paper "Discovering Significant Evolutionary Trajectories in Cancer Phylogenies", with Fabio Vandin, has been accepted to ECCB 2022! I will also present it at ISMB 2022.
- April 2022: I was honorably mentioned as one of the Best PC members of ACM The Web Conference 2022!
- April 2022: An extended version of SPRISS, in collaboration with Matteo Comin, has been accepted to Bioinformatics!
- April 2022: An extended version of MCRapper has been accepted to ACM TKDD!
- September 2021: I will present our work SPRISS at RECOMB-Genetics!
- August 2021: I feel extremely happy to have received an honorable mention for the 2021 SIGKDD Dissertation Award!
- June 2021: A preprint of our work "SILVAN: Estimating Betweenness Centralities with Progressive Sampling and Non-uniform Rademacher Bounds" is available online.