I’m assistant professor at the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova since December 2016. Previously, I was post-doc in the Algorithm group of the IT University of Copenhagen (2015-2016) and at the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova (2009-2014). I’ve also held positions as part-time lecturer at the IT University of Copenhagen (2013-2014) and as visiting scholar at the Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin (2006-2007). I received my Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Padova in 2009.
My research targets algorithms and data structures, with an emphasis on:
- Big data: how can we efficiently extract information from huge amount of data?
- High performance: how can we exploit modern hardware to crunch big data?
In particular, I have been extensively working on:
- Similarity Search
- Graph mining
- MapReduce and multicore
- Memory hierarchy
- Fault tolerance
I have served in the following program committees:
- BeyondMR 2018, WWW 2018, PODS 2017, SBAC-PAD 2017, BeyondMR 2017, Cluster 2017, IJCAI 2016, SBAC-PAD 2016, IPDPS 2016, ESA 2015, IPDPS 2015, SC Workshops 2015, SC Poster 2014, MASSIVE 2014, BigData 2013, SC Poster 2013, IPDPS 2013.
You can find my master/bachelor theses’ proposals here.
I have taught these courses:
- University of Padova
- Architettura degli Elaboratori (Spring 2018, Spring 2017)
- IT University of Copenhagen