This is my small web space, where I collect, in sparse order, some information about me and my acitvities ;)
maybe you fell across this page... in that case, it's up to you. Leave it or read it!
I am Federico Tramarin, Ph.D., currently a Post-Doc Researcher with the Computer Engineering and Networks Group (CE&NG) within the Institute of Electronics, Computer and Telecommunication Engineering (IEIIT) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR)... compressed CE&NG@CNR-IEIIT
My workplace is (a research lab) located within the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova, where the research unit of Padova lives.
My research interests are in the field of Network Performance Measurements, Real-Time&Industrial Networks, and Electronic Measurement Sciences, Distributed Measurement Systems in general.
Specifically, I mostly investigate on wired/wireless real-time communication systems for the industrial automation world, like IEEE 802.11b+g+n+?, IEEE802.3az, etc.
In this context, I'm working on
- !new! IEEE 802.11n adoption in industrial networks
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for Real-Time Ethernet networks
- Retransmission schemes and rate control strategies in IEEE 802.11 networks
- Experimental component characterization (e.g. off-the-shelf access points)
- Reliable simulations for interference analysis (OmNet++)
As side research areas, in past times I have also carried out research on (and I am again interested in)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility issues on PCB
- Signal Integrity analysis