Short Curriculum Vitae
Position (since May 2019):
- Associate Professor at the Department of Information Engineering,
University of Padova, via G. Gradenigo 6/B, 35131 - Padova, Italy
- 2017/04: National Scientific Qualification in the sector 02/B1 (Experimental physics of matter) as
- 2006/01/26: Ph.D. in theoretical physics, with a thesis on String Theory with title “Nonperturbative aspects of gauge theory from strings”,
Univ. of Torino (supervisor Prof. A. Lerda)
- 2002/07/12: Master’s degree in Physics, Theoretical Physics Department, Univ. of Torino, with marks 110/110 cum Laude and honors.
- 2008: "Vito Volterra prize for young master student graduated in Physics after May 2001" assigned by "Societa Italiana di Fisica (S.I.F.)"
- 2003-04: "Marie Curie training site'' fellowship at NORDITA institute (Copenhagen)
- 2003: "OPTIME 2002/03 prize: recognition of merit to recent graduates who have excelled in their studies", assigned by Industrial Association of Torino
- 2003: "Best master thesis of each course (a.y. 2001/02)" assigned by University of Torino
Past professional and academic experiences:
01/05/2011-31/04/2019: Assistant professor at the University of Padova, Department of Information Engineering.
01/01/2009-31/04/2011: Research grant fellow at Centro Studi e Ricerche "E. Fermi".
I worked in the Quantum Optics Group
of the Physics Department of the University Sapienza of Rome.
01/01/2007-31/12/2008: Post-doc fellowship at the physic department of the University Sapienza of Rome,
piazzale Aldo Moro 5, Rome, Italy.
26/01/2006: Ph.D. defense with the thesis "Nonperturbative aspects of gauge theory
from strings" (supervisor Prof. A. Lerda).
01/11/2005-31/10/2006: "Assegnista di ricerca in ﬁsica" (post-doc reseach grant) at the university
of Turin, theoretical physics department, via Pietro Giuria 1, 10125 Turin, Italy.
01/11/2002-31/10/2005: Ph.D. student in Theoretical Physics at the University of Turin (XVIII ciclo).
01/12/2003-31/10/2004: "Marie Curie training site" fellowship at NORDITA institute (Copenhagen).
01/09/1998-12/07/2002: Undergraduate student in Physics at the University of Turin.
I graduated in Physics at the University of Turin on 12/07/2002 with the score of "110/110" cum laude and honors.