I am a Postdoctoral Researcher at the
Department of Information Engineering
of the University of Padova.
In my research I work on providing novel
efficient and statistically sound algorithms for knowledge and pattern discovery from data, often motivated by
I obtained my Ph.D. in Information Engineering from the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova, under the supervision of Prof. Fabio Vandin (Vandin Lab website). I also had the amazing opportunity of visiting the Department of Computer Science of Brown University, as a Visiting Research Fellow under the supervision of Prof. Eli Upfal.
Links and contacts
Curriculum Vitae, List of publications, Google scholar, Twitter, GitHub page, mail: email@example.com.
- September 2021: I will present our work SPRISS at RECOMB-Genetics!
- August 2021: I feel extremely happy to have received an honorable mention for the 2021 SIGKDD Dissertation Award!
- June 2021: A preprint of our work "SILVAN: Estimating Betweenness Centralities with Progressive Sampling and Non-uniform Rademacher Bounds" is available online.
- May 2021: We presented the second edition of our tutorial "Hypothesis Testing and Statistically-sound Pattern Mining" at SDM 2021.
- Mar. 2021: I successfully defended my Ph.D. thesis "Rigorous and Efficient Algorithms for Significant and Approximate Pattern Mining"!
- Feb. 2021: Our paper "SPRISS: Approximating Frequent k-mers by Sampling Reads, and Applications", with Diego Santoro and Fabio Vandin, has been accepted to RECOMB 2021!