- Mar. 2021: I successfully defended my Ph.D. thesis "Rigorous and Efficient Algorithms for Significant and Approximate Pattern Mining"!
- Feb. 2021: Our paper "SPRISS: Approximating Frequent k-mers by Sampling Reads, and Applications", with Diego Santoro and Fabio Vandin, has been accepted to RECOMB 2021!
- Dec. 2020: I won a two-year research grant ("Junior type B" grant) from the Department of Information Engineering! I am really excited for this opportunity and for the work to come.
- Oct. 2020: A preprint of my work "Sharper convergence bounds of Monte Carlo Rademacher Averages through Self-Bounding functions" is available online.
- May 2020: Our paper "MCRapper: Monte-Carlo Rademacher Averages for Poset Families and Approximate Pattern Mining", with Cyrus Cousins, Fabio Vandin, and Matteo Riondato, has been accepted to KDD 2020!
- May 2020: The extended version of our paper "Efficient Mining of the Most Significant Patterns with Permutation Testing" will appear in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery!
- Dec. 2019: The extended version of our paper "Fast Approximation of Frequent k-mers and Applications to Metagenomics" has been published in the Journal of Computational Biology!
- Sept. 2019: I will talk about SPuManTE at CaStleD, the Workshop on Computation and Statistics in Data science held in Bertinoro. A huge thanks to the organizers for inviting me!
- Sept. 2019: I will present TopKWY in occasion of the kick-off meeting of the AHeaD project at Luiss University!
- Apr. 2019: Our paper "SPuManTE: Significant Pattern Mining with Unconditional Testing" and our tutorial on Multiple Hypothesis Testing and Statistically-sound Pattern Mining (with Matteo Riondato and Fabio Vandin) have been accepted to KDD 2019!
- Feb. 2019: I received the RECOMB 2019 Travel Fellowship, funded by the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)! Can't wait to attend this year RECOMB in Washington and to present our work.
- Dec. 2018: From January to July 2019 I will be a Visiting Research Fellow of the Department of Computer Science of Brown University, under the supervision of Prof. Eli Upfal.
- Dec. 2018: our paper "Fast Approximation of Frequent k-mers and Applications to Metagenomics", in collaboration with Cinzia Pizzi and Fabio Vandin, has been accepted to RECOMB 2019!
- Sept. 2018: I am thrilled to join FouLarD'18, the Workshop on Foundations of Learning from Data held in Bertinoro, a great opportunity to meet and learn from amazing researchers and experts in the field.
- May 2018: our paper "Efficient Mining of the Most Significant Patterns with Permutation Testing", in collaboration with Fabio Vandin, has been accepted to KDD 2018!
Back to home page