- Development and validation of “Minimal" models of the glucose system to measure signals and parameters (such insulin sensitivity, beta-cell function, hepatic insulin extraction, hepatic glucose production, glucose utilization and rate of appearance of ingested glucose) from intravenous/oral tolerance tests.
- Development and validation of "Maximal" models of the glucose-insulin system for in silico simulation.
- Development and validation of Models of the glucose-insulin system for use in control applications (artificial pancreas).
- Development of Models for quantitative assessment of glucose kinetics at organ level (skeletal muscle).
- PK-PD Models of antidiabetic drugs and new insulin molecules.
People: Claudio Cobelli (contact person), Alessandra Bertoldo, Simone Del favero, Chiara Dalla Man.